I didn't believe it. I really didn't think you could make delicious brownies without tons of sugar, butter or dairy. I didn't believe you could use sweet potato and make such an amazing dessert. But here is the proof. An amazing dessert with some healthy ingredients.
I served these last week at a dinner party with some vanilla ice cream and a coconut/chocolate sauce. It was incredible... But even after a few days in the fridge, these are great treat when you have a chocolate craving.
- 1 large sweet potato, roasted or steamed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 tbsps coconut flour (or flour of your choice)
- 3 tbsps raw cacao powder
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda or powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup pecans (save some for garnish)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips